As a member of the Central-North Florida District Export Council, I was recently invited to a Linkedin Live panel with the Chairman of the CNFL DEC, Chris Leggett, and the IBT Online Business Development team, Christopher Chaidez and John Loyack, to discuss leveraging resources for global business. We talked about how businesses can connect with the many incredible resources available for support to get their exporting business started or increase global sales.
We discussed some of the benefits of business growth through exporting and International business!
Brands can extend product life, offer year-round sales, and be more competitive with International sales.
Consider these 5 tips for knowing when to exhibit internationally:
- You have a global target location for your brand based on customer requests, language, logistics, or an international marketing plan developed by an SBDC (Small Business Development Center);
- The U.S market is saturated with your category and there are opportunities globally;
- You want to boost your profits;
- New markets may inspire innovation for your product, which builds your brand; or
- Protect your Intellectual Property with global expansion.
Opportunities for leveraging global sales include:
International Trade events, as a sales agent for Natural & Organic Products Shows in London, Malmo and Madrid I have met many new companies interested in export as well as companies doing global business with no real targeted market. The opportunities of International trade events offer introductions to global competitors, new innovations, key customers and distributors.
How do you stay resilient in times of economic downturn? Diversification of your income stream through International Sales especially, Leveraging the power of online and Creating media leverage has become a natural step to global sales.
Research and leverage these top 4 global sales resources available to most companies:
- Work with your local U.S. Commercial Service for export assistance and information.
- International Digital and Online marketing and sales opportunities with assistance from companies like IBT Online.
- Local, State, and Regional resources that offer funding and grants for manufacturers that support export sales.
- Support for U.S. companies with export credit insurance, working capital and loan guarantees from EXIM Bank